Thursday, January 20, 2011

Adjusting to life on the high seas...

I have never written a blog, but recently I have been keeping two journals (thank you KP and Cheryl) to log my adventure, and as available internet and post offices become limited, I think this will be an awesome way to keep everyone updated on where we are on our trip! By we, I mean the crew of San San, the 36' Ericson sailing vessel that will be our home and our transportation over the open waters of the Eastern Caribbean! Our Captain Gordon (or GR), and the crew Jessica (my sister), Gia (my niece) and myself have successfully traveled to Bimini in the Bahamas thus far.

I enjoyed two weeks in Miami before we set sail toward the Caribbean. We arrived in Bimini and cleared customs Tuesday. Exploration of the island on foot revealed the bluest waters I have ever seen and small stores, homes painted in bright, festive colors, and friendly locals. ["Hi Hi!"]
Today, I tested out my new snorkel gear and water proof camera exploring the wreck of Sapona off the coast of the island as we explored the area in the dinghy. 


More pics and posts to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment